Sad news, the passing of our dear friend Wes Sperling

Post on topics concerning windsurfing or whatever else you may like

Moderator: Barry

Sad news, the passing of our dear friend Wes Sperling

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:05 am

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you the sad news of the loss of a dear friend. Wes Sperling passed away yesterday after fighting bladder cancer. I have known Wes for about 25 years and for all that time, he had always been one of my favorite people. I met him years ago when I raced long boards and was learning to wave sail. He was always the type of person who inspired me because he lived life with such passion and conviction to his own sense of who he was. To quote Wes he once said to me “Hey man, I am a mountain climbing, motorcycling, windsurfing SOB and that is who I am”.
I will certainly miss his jokes and his big smile and his friendship. Wes is and will always be an inspiration to me and I will never forget his kindness.

Wes is survived by his wife Rose and our deepest condolences go out to her. I spoke with Rose this morning and she said that Wes was no longer suffering and that he was at peace now. Rose will be having a ceremony for Wes in Miami and as soon as possible. We will be posting that information as soon as it’s available.
Adam

Return to SFWA General Forum