Because the SFWA is a non-profit association run by volunteers, all funds that support the objectives of the association come from you - our members, sponsors, and supporters. Your membership and support is needed to make SFWA a strong voice for the sport in South Florida!
Why become a SFWA Member?
Becoming a member of SFWA is a great way to support windsurfing in the South Florida Area.
- SFWA organizes races, clinics, and fun events.
- SFWA organizes trips
- SFWA 's events are family friendly and a great way to meet new and interesting people.
- SFWA publishes newsletters for members to read on the web.
- SFWA 's members are some of the best windsurfers in the area, as well as the friendliest. Many are certified windsurfing instructors and always welcome newbie questions and offer sailing advise.
- SFWA 's yearly membership is less expensive than most magazine subscriptions
Where does my money go?
Your membership fees go directly to supporting our organizational objectives:
- To protect Windsurfers interests by having a unified and collective voice...
- To protect access and right of usage of launch sites.
- To develop upgrade and maintain these sites.
- To be a recognized body, to influence land and water usage.
- To be a recognized body, to supply input to Government regulations.
- To collect and disseminate information of interest, promoting the sport through flow of information...
- SFWA.info website
- Printed Flyers
- To include your voice, to Regional, National, and International Organizations...
- To reach out and welcome new members into the sport...
- To assist in each other's technical advancement in the sport such that his/her enjoyment is enhanced...
- To organize social functions for our members and the windurfing community at large...